Saturday, July 21, 2012

Twas the night before Ironman

I finished my last two VERY easy bike and run workouts on Saturday morning with Jill and ate my 2nd breakfast the day before my first Ironman triathlon race. A couple on laps around Mirror Lake on the bike and a partial run loop to loosen things up made for a relaxing morning.

We checked our bikes and gear bags and saw the huge transition area start to fill up with awesome bikes...wow, what an impressive sight!

After a quick lunch in town, we drove the 56 mile bike loop and saw the hilly course up close. The scenery is spectacular and we had great views of rivers on either side of the road and coming back into town, there is a great view of the Olympic ski jumps.

We then drove the run course and it has a few steep hills and a bunch of rollers to keep the marathon interesting. We are getting ready for an Athlete Blessing being held at the Lakeside Community Church and then are headed to a pasta buffet dinner and an early bedtime.

July 22, 2012 is the day of the race and you can track me (bib 2452) at www.ironmanlive.com. I'm looking forward to seeing my Iron Bird Legs cheering crew in their bright yellow shirts on the course!

Early start tomorrow, wish me luck!

Dave (aka Iron Bird Legs)

No comments:

Post a Comment