Sunday, July 15, 2012

Liberty Bell Visit and Tapering in New Jersey

The Auto Train deposited us in Virginia and we drove into Philadelphia for an afternoon of sightseeing around this great, historic city. We toured the Betsy Ross house, saw the Liberty Bell and I started carbo-loading while we enjoyed ice cream at The Franklin Fountain on Market Street.

We made our way to Medford, NJ to stay with my younger sister Sharon and her family (Brian, Chris and Cindy). They opened up their beautiful home to us and everyone relaxed by the pool while I prepared for a short run.

With a water bottle and flashlight in hand, I headed out for a 45 minute run in the gently rolling hills of their neighborhood. The heat of the day had abated and it was twilight when I started, but it quickly darkened and I was happy the the loaner flashlight from my sis. The pace felt easy and my heart rate controlled as I eased up and down the road, but something caught my eye...fireflies.

We don't have fireflies in Florida and it was very relaxing to catch a flicker of light up ahead or in the trees near the side of the road as I eased up the next hill. It was a nice taper run and I enjoyed the new training partners.

Off for two days in New York City with the family...is walking around NYC considered tapering? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment