Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Journey Begins - Ironman Lake Placid - 2012

My master plan was to volunteer at the 2011 race to ensure my priority registration for the 2012 Ironman race in Lake Placid, NY, but it didn't turn out according to plan.

My flight to Albany and subsequent volunteering at the race were scrubbed at the last minute due to a little detour to the ER and a short stay in the hospital in the week prior to the race.  I'm doing much better now, but I was not ready to jump on a plane and be away from family and physicians without a little more time to recover.

The good news is that I was still able to register on-line for the 2012 race and providing the doctors are OK with it, I'll be training for and racing in my first Ironman race in July of 2012.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment